Common Mistakes New Electric Scooter Owners Make
Many things about learning to ride an electric scooter are intuitive and easy. Here are some new things I often see about riding, and even things I have experienced.
The first mistake I often see is not setting up the scooter properly
On the Internet, you can often see some videos or pictures of the falling of the scooter posted by others. The screws are off and the cockpit screws are not tightened. Therefore, before riding the scooter, please make sure that the scooter is ready for riding.
After unpacking the scooter, tighten all the screws and bolts on the scooter. On the packing list, please pay attention to the corresponding load or bolt type. Never believe products with improper or improper installation of parts.
A new scooter needs to adjust your cockpit, which includes the controller, step on the brakes that have been set, and other buttons and joysticks. Your cockpit should be adjusted to the most comfortable.
Tips for adjusting your scooter:
- Loosen all items on the handlebar, including brakes, car bells, etc.
- Keep the scooter upright against the wall, and keep it stable and safe when you ride it.
- Keep your hands on the handlebar in a comfortable and natural position, sliding and rotating the brake system, it is recommended to fix the brake device close to the hand.
- Don’t pinch your fingers with the bell.
- Slide the brake lever inward and the handlebar can give you greater leverage.
- Re-tighten the bolts to ensure that they are sufficiently tightened. At the same time, avoid over-tightening. Over-tightening may cause damage to the parts. Just tighten them firmly enough.
Here are a few common mistakes when riding a scooter:
Many scooter riders feel that their feet are placed side by side when stepping on an electric scooter. It is recommended that you do not ride this way
The following general rules should be followed when riding
- One foot is in front of the other foot, and the front toes point as far as possible to the front of the scooter.
- Keep your body facing forward, so that the scooter has more vision.
- Place another foot on the rear side of the scooter, and the part supported by the rear wheel of the scooter forms an angle with the foot. Of course, the rear wheel support part has a brake button that can be stepped on.
Leaning weight distribution when riding
Distributing its own weight on the scooter is one of the most unique and important functions.
When riding with your feet side by side, the weight distribution is relatively fixed, it is difficult to quickly transfer the weight distribution during driving, and it is easy to fall and cause accidents.
With your feet crossed, you can easily transfer weight from one foot to the other. This is the correct way of weight distribution.
When riding acceleration, move your body weight forward to your front foot and lean forward to offset the acceleration force.
Especially when stepping on the accelerator, the scooter keeps leaning forward when accelerating until it reaches the required speed when cruising at a constant speed.
When braking, you need to lean back and bend your legs slightly to transfer the weight to the rear foot to avoid exceeding the weight of the handlebar.
Ride a few more times to adapt to the weight distribution of your body. When riding on your community roads, accelerate and brake, and at the same time transfer your body to the correct position, be able to slam on the brakes and instinctively lean back. In order to save time, Can practice multiple times.
Control the turn by turning the steering wheel slightly
It’s also important to be able to distribute your body weight naturally when turning.
To be able to control the scooter at high speeds, remember to tilt the scooter in the direction you need to turn to complete the steering of the scooter.If you want to control the turn by turning the steering wheel slightly, when you turn, your body and the scooter lean toward the place you want to turn. The steering starts, keeping the scooter tilted, and at the same time tilting your body weight to the inside of the turn to prevent yourself from overturning.
The practice must be practiced and mastered in a controlled environment. New riders including skilled people will make mistakes, so don’t be discouraged.
GaetanoJune 9, 2021
I am interested to buy a scooter, do you shipping to Malta and what is the shipping cost ?
iEZwayJuly 19, 2021
Eu contries can ship